Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year!

December 31, 2010


I've had lots of thoughts as the new year is beginning. I've already started on some things I want to improve on and it feels good.

But here are some of my other thoughts:

I want to be more proactive. Often I expect things to come to me without any work on my part. I want others to take the initiative, if you will. I only have one life to live and once time is gone, it's gone. I'm not getting it back. This includes being kind to my body. I need to start taking better care of myself- I've been slacking off in that department. I've gained some weight, but it didn't really seem to matter. This needs to change.

Open up more. I tend to keep feelings to myself to avoid conflict, but it's not healthy. I want to be better at letting others know how I feel.

Be happy. One of the purposes of this life is to have joy. I want to live in the moment and be happy despite my surroundings. I have the power to be happy and act instead of reacting. Despite trials, life is good. I want to recognize that goodness.

Try new things. I want to take risks, try new things, and step out of my comfort zone. I want to work toward something and live.


If you feel like sharing, what are some of your New Year goals or thoughts?

See you all next year, ok?

I heard this on another blog and just had to post it...it makes me smile and makes me sad at the same time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by to follow you from the Ring in 2011 Blog Hop. Have a wonderful New Year!
Adelaide from http://norwegianphoenix.blogspot.com/

Shanna said...

Hello. visiting from the ring in 2011 blog hop! Please visit & follow @ http://www.mommiesandbeyond.comn I would love to reach 200 fans before 2011! Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...