Thursday, December 9, 2010

True Story

I was at the library yesterday just browsing around, when I overheard two female library employees talking. I pretended to look at books as I gradually moved closer to where they were.

I tried not to make it too obvious that I was listening to them, but it was kind of hard not to hear them since one of the ladies was talking pretty loud.

This is what I heard:

Lady 1: "So yeah, when she got married she had the name "Tommy" tattooed on her ring finger instead of wearing a wedding band. She thought it would be a good idea."

My head: "Why in the world would she think that was a good idea? That's never a good idea. What the heck happens if they get divorced...? Will she get the tattoo removed?"

Lady 2: "Wow. I don't think I would do that."

Lady 1: "I know, right? But then her and Tommy broke up and so she went back to the same guy who gave her the tattoo in the first place and had him cover it up and tattoo the word "Mommy" in its place. The kids were from her first marriage."

Lady 2: "Wow."

Lady 1: "But then her and Tommy got back together and so she went back again and had him re-write "Tommy" on her finger.

Lady 2: "It would have been easier if she had just gotten a wedding ring."

My head: "No kidding!"

I didn't hear the outcome of whether the lady and "Tommy" were officially on or off, but for her sake I sure hope they were on so she didn't have to go and get the tattoo changed back to "Mommy" again. I can just imagine the conversation with the tattoo artist...

Some people's children!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I checked "Funny" but it's beyond funny. It's hilarious! I wish I overheard such funny conversations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...