Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spaghetti with Zucchini and Yellow Squash

Ok, here's the deal. This is the first recipe that I've actually posted on this little blog of mine. It was a new recipe that I saw and decided to try. I hope you enjoy it.

Without further ado....

You will need:

1 box of spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
1 medium yellow onion
1/3 cup oil (I didn't use the whole amount since it is just for sauteing the vegetables)
1 clove of garlic
1 medium yellow squash
2 small zucchini
1/2 cup (10 fresh medium leaves) basil - I used dry about 2 tsp.
1/8 tsp. black pepper
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

(Even though the ingredients are above, I'm incorporating them into the instructions below so you don't have to re-look up the amounts).

Begin by dicing 1 medium yellow onion. You will saute the onion in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes.

While the onion is sauteing, chop a clove of garlic. After the onion has cooked for 6 minutes, add the garlic to the skillet and saute for two minutes.


It was at this point that I began to cook one box (13.25 oz.) of whole wheat spaghetti....



Chop one medium yellow squash and 2 small zucchini and add to the skillet with the onion and garlic. Cook for an additional 6 minutes.

Stir in 2 tsp. basil (I used dry) and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Season with salt. Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture and add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.

A few notes: I thought it turned out a little bland. When I make this again I will probably add Italian seasoning or other herbs to give a little more flavor. I also flavored it with Italian dressing after I tasted it. I'm sure it would be fine with white spaghetti as well.


Bon appétit!

Recipe from Barilla pasta box.

Copyright © 2010 by Natasha M.

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

My brother made something similar to this a few years ago…delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...