Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake and Other Matters


I'm 28 years old. I pay my bills. I'm an adult. Why is it that every time my sister and I come home we bake and bake and bake? And I have the weight gain to prove it. I need help.

Anyway...If somebody were to sniff me out, I am almost positive I would smell like these two recipes I am about to post.

Chocolate. Cheesecake. Butter. You can't go wrong.

But your diet can. It goes right out the window. You don't need it anyway. You look great!

This was my before dinner snack. And my after dinner snack. Welcome to my world.


Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Crust:

1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies- about 15 (graham crackers work too)

2 tblsp butter or margarine, melted

2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided

Filling:

2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tblsp vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 tblsp flour

3/4 cup evaporated milk

1/2 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Combine cookie crumbs with butter in medium bowl until moistened; press onto bottom of un-greased 9-inch spring-form pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and flour. Gradually beat in evaporated milk and sour cream. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.

Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes.

Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Place in refrigerator immediately; refrigerate for 2 hours (if you can wait that long) or until firm. Remove out of spring-form pan.

(To give you an estimate ours ended up baking for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, but your oven might vary).

Eat!




Ok, this next recipe will win you instant friends. I promise.


If it doesn't, well, you can come back and complain to me. I can take it.

Hot Fudge Sauce

Melt in saucepan over medium heat:

1/2 cup butter

4 - 1 oz. squares of unsweetened chocolate

Stir in:

3 cups sugar

1 - 12 oz. can of evaporated milk

dash of salt

Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool slightly. Pour into blender and blend for 5 minutes.

Pour over ice cream or brownies or cheesecake. Or heck, just grab a spoon and eat it out of the jar. You only live once!

This keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.



See what I mean? I need help.

Copyright © 2010 by Natasha M.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look sooo good! I'll definitely have to try them! I'm excited to "win instant" friends. ;)

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, that looks delicious, decadent and divine...and dangerous!!!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

LaNeshe said...

I have bookmarked this, and definitely intend on the chocolate chip cheesecake happening some time this week lol.

Ruth said...

these look absolutely yummy...i'm definitely going to try them!!

Unknown said...

I have just the help you need. Just drop whatever you don't want or need by our house. We would be happy to finish that yumminess!!!

Natasha and Jesse said...

Natasha- Yes, delicious but very dangerous! With four people it was gone the next day...

LaNeshe- I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Ruth- They are really good. Thanks for your comment.

Cris- Sounds good! Next time I make them I'll bring some over. It disappeared too fast this time, sadly.

Connie said...

What diet? I'd be glad to help you eat them! Great recipes filled with over the top sweetness! YUM!

Teachinfourth said...

That looks absolutely delicious!

Jinnia said...

These look delicious! Thanks for stopping by my feature post and for your sweet comment. Have a super day! ~Jinnia

Sarah said...

I'm drooling! :)

Stef said...

You are my new best friend. Can I come over? Haha. Thanks for the recipes. I will put them to good use. I need all the friends I can get.

{Amanda} said...

Mmm, this looks absolutely delish! Yummy!! Chocolate makes everything better :)

Great blog! Glad I found you! From Life of Meg :)

Army Wife. European Life. Two Adopted Danes.
* http://donandamanda.blogspot.com *

Betty said...

Yumm! Looks delicious! I love baking and chocolate too. :)

Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness. You're going to absolutely destroy my quest to be more healthy!

It will be worth it though.

Nancy said...

It was very delicious! Thank goodness it was made with lowfat cream cheese. I'll get some more cream cheese, Natasha, so you can make it again when you're here!

Sandra said...

Great. Thanks. Like I needed to be making this delicious concoction right before leaving for holidays during which time I will be ingesting a cornocopia of decadent desserts! Curse you and your ability to bake!

Sofia said...

*drooling*

Sofia
From PDX with Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...