Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowy Day

"One winter morning I woke up and looked out the window. Snow had fallen during the night. It covered {almost} everything as far as I could see ..."

(excerpeted and from The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats and inserted I instead of Peter).



As a gift from the snow, I got two, count em' TWO, snow days in a row.

Tonight I will be enjoying snow cream and a walk in the white goodness.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


"Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost
(Doesn't he have the perfect last name for this poem?!)

Copyright © 2010 by Natasha M.

1 comment:

susette said...

yes he does and i LOVE him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...