Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rainy Day

Today was one of those days.
You know the kind I'm talking about?
The one where it's raining outside and all you want to do is curl up on a couch and read a good book or watch a good movie.
Or maybe take a walk or sing in the rain?
Since the rain (and cloudy days in general) tends to make me sleepy, I had to pull myself out of bed. Yeah, it was that kind of day.

I got a second shower because I forgot my umbrella and had to walk in the rain. I like it though. Rain is refreshing and cleansing. And it makes the earth smell good.

I woke up this morning thinking I had overslept because it was so dark outside. It literally looked like it was 9 pm.

This photo was taken in downtown Lexington at 2:30 pm!

(Photo taken by Caren Beatty)
See what I mean about it looking like 9 pm? Pretty dark, huh?


Also, I think walking in the rain would be much more fun (I was about to say -write - funner, but that's not a word) with these Wellingtons:



Don't you think so? They can be found here. They cost £29.99! They're British after all.


As a child, my family would sit on our big porch swing during thunderstorms and watch the rain and thunder and lightning. I miss those days. I loved the mist of cool rain on my face as I saw the lightening crash down and the boom of thunder rumble in my chest.

What do you like doing on rainy days?

1 comment:

susette said...

i used to go puddle jumping and swinging when it was raining, as long as there was no lightning. when it was a good old fashioned thunderstorm, we'd sit in our garage or on our porch and enjoy the smell as the storm rolled in and poured. mmm...now i want a good storm to enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...