Friday, August 5, 2011

Help for Africa














































I don't normally post about things like this on my blog, but during lunch I was reading the news (briefly) and came across this slideshow and story on msnbc.com about the famine in Eastern Africa.

As I was looking at the slideshow the pictures drew me in. I must be living under a rock because I had no idea that a famine was happening. I started crying and feeling really guilty for being so stressed over my wedding preparations when there are children and families dying of hunger. I am really blessed.

View the complete slideshow here
And ways you can help here

3 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Those pictures certainly put everyday worried into perspective.

Brenna said...

This definately helps to put things into perspective. And. . . helps me to be soo grateful for so many blessings!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I try to keep myself fairly well informed, and this news even caught me by surprise the other day. It's such a huge tragedy that I don't know how to wrap my head around it. But it's not something I can just ignore either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...