Sunday, May 8, 2011

To my Mama

Dear Mama,

Thank you for teaching me almost everything I know.

(The lighting is shabby in this picture, but it is the most recent one I have of my mom and I).

Thank you for letting my cry on your shoulder and telling me everything would be okay. Thank you for trusting me enough to let me be my own person (even though I know I caused you grief through my stubbornness). Thank you for reading to me and for having wonderful books in our home so we could explore the world. Thank you for teaching me how to cook and bake. Thank you (and Papa) for taking us on family outings, so we could be together. Thank your for living by example. Thank you for teaching me the gospel. Thank you for giving up working so you could be home for B. and I when we got home from school and for all the important times in our lives. Thank for being my best friend, and most of all thank you for loving me. I hope to be half as good a mother as you are.

Happy Mother's Day. I love you!

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Amen and ditto! I agree-- beautiful!!!

Nancy said...

You are beyond generous, dear Natasha! Thank you. I love you, too.

Kathleen said...

I love, love, love the picture! Thanks for the picture Natasha. ;o) I love your mom too. Though she hasn't taught me as much as she has taught you, her influence is not insignificant in the wider world that includes me.

sheila @ Elements said...

Awwwww...I got tears in my eyes reading this! That was really a wonderful tribute to your mother, and I love the photo of both of you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...