Monday, January 17, 2011

FB


I have to be honest, facebook etiquette sometimes confuses me. If somebody requests to be your friend and you don't really want to be friends with them, do you:

A) Leave them in "purgatory" by neither accepting nor declining their friend request?


B) Accept their friend request but then delete them from your list shortly after looking at all their pictures?


C) Decline their friend request?

D) Accept their friend request and keep them as a "friend"?


Right now I'm choosing A, but if I choose B and they realize I accepted and then deleted them they might try to re-add me as a friend and then I would have to delete them again which would most likely cause hurt feelings. If I choose C then they can also re-add me and then I'm back to square one.

I know these people in real life and what if they ask my why I haven't accepted their friend request?

What do I do? Is there a proper thing to do
? What do you do?

Also, I gotta say, this ad scared me just a little bit.


Overall, I think fb and I will be seeing less of each other pretty soon- it's not that I don't like it I just, well, it sort of seems to complicate things sometimes.

Are you on facebook? Do you limit your time on it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually leave them in purgatory. : ) and I usually only check my facebook a couple times a week.

LaNeshe said...

If they are a stranger requesting my friendship I just deny. If they are someone I kind of know but don't want to be friends with (most recently, my uncle's ex wife) I just leave them in purgatory lol. My page is private, so they can't really tell if I'm ON facebook to see their request lol

Elizabeth Downie said...

I'm on FB WAY too much!! I need to get off it.

I usually leave them in purgatory OR just delete them later. It can be stressful.

Teachinfourth said...

Could I share this with you?

http://teachinfourth.blogspot.com/2009/06/facebook-etiquette-friend-request.html

Maybe it will help in your decision.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...