Thursday, May 7, 2009

Victory

Let me just begin by saying how much I dislike centipedes. Dislike. Them. Immensely. Not that they have ever done anything to me, but they are just gross. They have so (too) many legs and run really fast and are the same color as our carpet, which poses a problem because they can hide. (If you're interested, you can see a picture and read about my previous griping on centipedes here).

This afternoon, as I was going downstairs to get something to eat, I noticed a dark spot on the dining room floor. I stepped closer to get a better look...and lo, and behold, it was a centipede. Great. Once I realized what it was, I backed away. No sudden movements, lest he see me and turn and run towards me. I had flip-flops on and I was not about to step closer in case he ran onto my feet. I was not going to take them off to kill him either. So, I grabbed a book from the book shelf and held it, planing my attack. I needed to get around to the other side of the table to slam the book down on him. The problem was, I just stood there. I was so afraid, I was frozen in place. I ran (at this point, I didn't think he could see me) back upstairs, trying to calm myself down. I hoped when I went back downstairs he would have moved.

I still wasn't sure what to do, so I took the next logical step. I called my mom. She said that I should use a shoe to kill him. I finally decided to go back down with a shoe and use that to kill him. He had moved. This time he was between the table leg and the chair leg. My shoe wouldn't fit in there to get to him. My mom suggested I use the chair leg, but I didn't think I could be quick enough. Over bouts of laughter from my mom....I took deep breaths and used the chair leg. I wasn't fast enough. At this point I was almost hyperventilating. He was still alive and moving away very fast. I quickly ran over and used my shoe (which was on my hand) to kill him. Finally. I had to take several seconds to compose my self together again. Phew! As of right now, my shoe is still on the dining room floor, covering up the dead centipede. I didn't have the nerve to lift it up, in case he was still alive. One down, how many more to go? Until next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Natasha. Good to see that you can take care of yourself.

Unknown said...

ewww ewww ewww! you are so brave!

susette said...

i HATE centipedes!!! you are so much stronger than i am. good call on calling your mom though. :)

Anonymous said...

Her mom is still laughing. (Sorry, Natasha.)

Anonymous said...

O my goodness I laughed so hard!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...