Thursday, August 25, 2011

A new find

I've been hesitant to put a new blog post up because I like looking at Jesse's handsome face when I see my blog, but I guess it's time for a new one since I can see his handsome face in person.

When Jesse was 8 years old his family lived in a semi-rural area in Arkansas. One day when his parents and siblings were gone and Jesse was home alone, an electrical problem started a fire in the house. As the fire started increasing Jesse called the fire department and his Dad who was about 45 minutes away and then he grabbed a picture of Christ and a family photo and got out of the house.

Recently, in the middle of wedding planning I came across this new (to me) website and I can't stop looking at it.

The Burning House is a blog where the author asks people the world over this question: "If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condesnsed into one question."

It's so facisnating to see what people would choose...

From looking at the pictures, here are few things in common that people would take:

People and animals that are currently in the house
Moleskin notebooks/journals
Photographs
Cameras
Phones
Passports


Bleuenn age 2

David age 27

Jennie age 19

Janet age 58

What would you take with you if your house was burning?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something to say about a man who values Christ and his family above all else :)

Michelle Glauser said...

I used to think I would grab my scriptures. Now I think I would just grab my laptop, portable hard drive, and wallet. I'd regret losing all that other stuff, but in the end I'd be glad because it wouldn't feel like a burden anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...