1. I moved to Kentucky on September 9, 2008 (on my birthday!). I wasn't originally planning on being here this long, but I've grown to really like it and good thing too since I'm now married!
2. The first time I flew in an airplane it was in a private jet. I think I was 16-17 at the time.
3. I served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Montana Billings Mission. It was one of the hardest 18 months of my life, but I loved it!
4. I didn't graduate from college until I was 26. I went to a community college before my mission and my major was nursing. Then I went on my mission and when I got back I decided I didn't want to study nursing anymore, so I changed my major and also transferred to The Ohio State University. It basically took me another 4 years to finish because a lot of my credits didn't transfer over. Now I have a bachelors degree in Human Development and Family Science with a minor in Psychology.
5. The furthest I've been from home is Rome, Italy and Helsinki, Finland for our honeymoon. I really like to travel, though I don't get to do it too often.
6. I home schooled for high school. I loved it! It gave us plenty of opportunities to spend time together as a family and we were able to travel while other kids were in school (which made for less busy destinations).
7. I have a two dollar bill signed by Thomas Jefferson!
8. When I was a teenager, I loved The Phantom of the Opera. Once, when the production was touring, it came to Columbus and we were able to go to the Ohio Theater and watch. It was wonderful. I bought a fan book with information about the play and the characters, etc. and went to the back stage door after the show hoping for a glimpse of the man who played the Phantom. I didn't have a pass or anything, but he came out to greet somebody who did and I asked him to sign my book and he did! I still have it even though it's in a box somewhere.
9. Jesse and I met in our singles branch here in Lexington. He moved to Lexington in July of 2010 and kind of thought he wanted to ask me out after his first Sunday. He didn't ask me out until March of 2011. We had a mutual friend who kept hinting to me that Jesse liked me, but I wasn't really picking up on the hints. Our first date was a double date to The Mad Potter (like Color Me Mine for those out West). When we got married he was serving as Elders Quorum president and I was serving as Relief Society president. So cliche, I know! I'm SO glad he finally asked me out! And I'm so, so, so, so, so, so glad he asked me to marry him! I LOVE him VERY much!
10. I have one younger sister who went to BYU-Idaho and actually does have a degree in nursing. :)
11. Jesse and I are expecting our first baby in early July!
Becky's questions to me:
1. What is the funniest joke you know?
OK, I have three that are funny in an "oh, man" sort of way:
a. Knock, knock?
Don't cry it's only a knock-knock joke.
b. Why did Humpty Dumpty have a great fall?
He was trying to make up for his lousy Summer.
c. How do you catch a unique bird?
...you nique (as in...sneak) up on it. haha
2. Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
I really like Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) and Pocahontas.
3. If you had the money and time, would you come visit me in Michigan? Honestly.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, who would go with you and how long would you like to stay?
Well, I've always wanted to go to Italy (and Jesse and I were able to for our honeymoon!). We stayed about a week which was a good amount of time- more time would have been good too though (if that makes sense) since there were definitely more sights to see, but a week was perfect since we were both ready to come back home.
I've also always wanted to go to England and NYC. I would want Jesse and my family to come with me. I would probably want to stay maybe two weeks or so.
5. What piece of furniture in your house is your favorite or that you are most happy with? (picture?)
I would say my dresser which I think was bought at a yard sale when I was in high school. It's made of wood, has three drawers, and is pretty sturdy. We don't have a lot of furniture right now...
6. What is your favorite season? Why?
I love Autumn because of the warm-ish days, crisp cool air at night, the falling leaves, and the smell!
7. If you could pick any calling in the church, what would you choose? (not aspire to, choose)
Secretary or librarian. I was RS secretary for a little bit and I really liked it.
8. Do you believe there is one right person for us to marry (promises in heaven and such) or do you think that any two people willing to put forth the effort could make any marriage work?
I think that most two people who put forth the effort can make a marriage work. That being said, I also think there are people where it would take a whole lot more effort to be married to...I think some people are more suited for each other than others.
9. What is included in your vision of "The Perfect Day?"
Being able to sleep in, a good breakfast, spending time in nature, baking, spending time with family, laughter, reading, watching a movie....I think that about covers it.
10. Which would you rather, sweat moderately but constantly 24 hours a day all over your body or have a metal pin in your jaw that constantly picks up talk radio stations?
The metal pin. Is the radio station broadcast for all to hear or just my own ears? I would not like sweating all the time, I'm pretty sure!
11. If you could get your hair to look anyway you wanted, style, color, length, etc. what would it look like? (picture?) I really like these two styles, but alas, my hair will never look like that unless I had a personal hair stylist come fix my hair everyday!
My questions to you:
1. What is your favorite food? If it's something you make yourself, can you share a recipe?
2. Do you have a favorite genre of books/a favorite book? If so, what makes it your favorite?
3. What is the most rewarding experience you had and what made it so rewarding?
4. What do you hope to most be remembered for after you die?
5. Do you dream in color or black and white?
6. What is your favorite drink?
7. What are your top three favorite movies?
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
9. What do you miss most about being a kid?
10. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
11. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
People I tag:
I don't want to exclude people so if you want to tag yourself I would love to learn more about you...
Rules For Bloggers: (you must re-post these)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people.