Friday, April 3, 2009

Come, Listen to a Prophet's Voice

Today I had the opportunity, for about three hours, to help campus contact with the elders here in the branch. We (several others in the branch, the elders, and myself) passed out invitations to General Conference to students on the University of Kentucky campus. I had a lot of fun, but realized how rusty I was as far as talking with people about the church. Several of the people I talked with seemed genuinely interested in coming. I would ask them "How would you feel if you knew there was a prophet of God on earth today?" Often their answer was, "Wow, that would be so cool" or "awesome." Then I would invite them to come and listen to a modern day prophet's counsel. The warm feeling and happiness was worth standing out in the cold and windy weather inviting others to come. It definitely caused me to miss my mission.



I am so excited for General Conference. What a wonderful blessing it is to have a modern day prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true prophet here on earth today. I know that the direction and guidance we receive from President Monson and the other General Authorities is specifically for us. They tell us what we need to hear. To get ready for conference, I often read the previous conference issue of the Ensign and prepare specific questions I have which I hope to receive an answer for during the conference sessions. Do you do anything to specifically prepare for conference? Only one more day!!

You can find more information here. (Thanks, Sam, for letting me know how to add a link!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT Natasha! I'm going to watch as much of conference as I can this weekend. I even have plaza (main) level seats right by the General Authorities' entrance for Priesthood.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and imbedding (not sure that's the right term in this case) - rather creating a link is easy. near the button for images, click on the one that looks like 2 small pieces of a chain, it should say something like "create a link" when you hover. Just have text like THIS IS THE LINK highlighted before you click it. then you can type or paste the address.

Anonymous said...

sorry, i just double-checked the link feature. near the text editing options (if you have rich formatting on) there is BOLD, ITALIC, Text color, AND LINK. It's one chain link next to a green dot that semi resembles some continent somewhere. When you hover it says "Link".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...