Sunday, April 11, 2010

Peace

"And today, I’m struggling again. My best intentions have turned to disasters. I feel misunderstood and fallen and hated. What’s that quote? “Man will suffer no greater disappointment than that he is to himself.”

Yes. Oh yes.

When I kneel to pray my thoughts are crowded with, “I’m such a fool!” “When will I ever learn?” “I make a mess of everything.” God is there, but I’m covering my ears and shouting my failings.

But now, I’m going to lean back, like a child against a cool pillow, and feel God’s love. And I can already hear the murmuring words of comfort—I understand… I know life is hard…I know you’ve made mistakes… but I’ve paid the price for you. Let me in." -Michelle L.

I'm grateful for the Atonement and for answered prayers. As I've struggled over this past week or so and have felt much like Nephi did, I decided to turn to the scriptures and seek advice from my Branch President. He directed me to an Ensign article which includes this quote: "...God accepts the humblest offering of the humblest Saint, and each of us can make a difference. We need not be embarrassed or ashamed; we need only give our best effort to the Lord. In turn He will bless us and magnify us and, in a marvelous way, make us whole."

I'm imperfect and sometimes feel that I have very little to offer, but I know that as I give my best effort, Heavenly Father will take what I give him and through the mercy of the Atonement make something beautiful. The Atonement makes up the difference for what I lack and through it, I can be made perfect and whole. Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I know He does. As I was reading the scriptures, they fell open to Doctrine and Covenants 98:1-3. Just when I needed it, the Holy Ghost confirmed once again to me that Heavenly Father is aware of me and that He loves me and that my prayers are never in vain.

And now, I feel the peace of God, which passeth all understanding.

I know Heavenly Father loves me.

I know He is there.

And for this knowledge I am so grateful.

Copyright © 2010 by Natasha M.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That knowledge truly does uplift and encourage. I love you Natasha! And I'm grateful for your friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...