Let me just start off by saying that I'm so excited for Christmas! I went home this past weekend to be there when my sister got off the plane (kind of long story, but she's safe!) and I'm going home this weekend and will be there until January! Soo, excited! Really, I don't think you understand how excited I am. There is no place like home for the holidays! I still have shopping to do... I really haven't started on it. But, I will get it done in time, I promise.
Now, onto the "Have you ever" part... (by the way, if you are reading this, I tag you). I bolded the ones I have done.
1. Started your own blog- I definitely think I have
2. Slept under the stars- Yup, at girl's camp. The stars are beautiful
3. Played in a band- Sadly, no
4. Visited Hawaii-Not yet
5. Watched a meteor shower - No
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - Not sure how to answer this
7. Been to Disneyland - I've been just outside the gates, does that count? (ok, it doesn't really count)
8. Climbed a mountain - No
9. Held a praying mantis - Yes!
10. Sang a solo- No
11. Bungee jumped - No, but I sort of want to. That whole feeling of jumping up and down really fast sounds fun (Dramamine, here I come).
12. Visited Paris- No, but hopefully someday I will!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - No
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch -The art of perfecting 7-layer bars
15. Adopted a child - No
16. Had food poisoning - I really think I have (there was this pizza place...)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- No, but I've seen it in pictures. Again, someday I hope to see it
18. Grown your own vegetables - Yes, and they tasted delicious!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France -No
20. Slept on an overnight train -No, but it sounds fun
21. Had a pillow fight -Yes
22. Hitch hiked -No
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Isn't that dishonest?
24. Built a snow fort - Yes, I have. It was tons of fun
25. Held a lamb - They are so cute! (Jeanette, remember Judy in Powell?)
26. Gone skinny dipping - Umm, no I haven't
27. Run a Marathon- No
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I have in my dreams
29. Seen a total eclipse -Yes, it was in 8th grade I believe, and we had those special glasses
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Yes
31. Hit a home run - No
32. Been on a cruise - No
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person -Yes, it's beautiful, really on both sides but more so on the Canadian side
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - No, but someday we will go
35. Seen an Amish community -Yes
36. Taught yourself a new language- No, I tried to learn sign language, but I didn't really teach myself
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - How do I answer this?
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - No
39. Gone rock climbing - No, but I have been rapelling
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - No
41. Sung karaoke - Sort of, if you count doing it at home
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt -Yes, I have! We waited for about 45 minutes and it was worth it!
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - No, but I hope to one day
44. Visited Africa - No
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight -Yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance - I have ridden in one when somebody else was being transported on the stretcher
47. Had your portrait painted - No
48. Gone deep sea fishing -No
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - Someday...
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - No *sigh*
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling -No
52. Kissed in the rain -No
53. Played in the mud -Yes, I'm sure I made mud pies when I was younger too
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie- No
56. Visited the Great Wall of China -No
57. Started a business -Does selling lemonade count?
58. Taken a martial arts class? -No
59. Visited Russia -No
60. Served at a soup kitchen - Yes
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies -Yes, I love those things!
62. Gone whale watching - No
63. Got flowers for no reason- No
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - Yes to the blood donation (no to the platelets or plasma. You might just convince me though, Brenna!)
65. Gone sky diving - No, see # 11 (I want to, but I'm also afraid of heights. It's quite the dilemma)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - No, but I would like to go sometime
67. Bounced a check - Actually, I have (just once though)
68. Flown in a helicopter - No
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - From being destroyed by a dog
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - Yes
71. Eaten Caviar - Yes, and I was surprised it didn't taste as bad as I had imagined
72. Pieced a quilt - Helped to piece one
73. Stood in Times Square - No
74. Toured the Everglades -No
75. Been fired from a job - No
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London -No
77. Broken a bone -No (keeping my fingers crossed)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - No
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person-No
80. Published a book -No
81. Visited the Vatican -No
82. Bought a brand new car - Well, it was brand new to me...
83. Walked in Jerusalem - No
84. Had your picture in the newspaper -Yes
85. Read the entire Bible - Yes
86. Visited the White House - I stood outside the gates, but I wasn't able to inside. So, technically I have visited it. (But, I will go back and tour it)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Sadly, I have killed and prepared an animal for eating but I couldn't actually eat it (somebody else did though, so it didn't go to waste)
88. Had chickenpox- Sort of...
89. Saved someone’s life - My stuffed animal (see # 69)
90. Sat on a jury - No, but oh, boy have I always wanted to!
91. Met someone famous- Yes
92. Joined a book club - Yes
93. Lost a loved one - Yes
94. Had a baby - No
95. Seen the Alamo in person - No
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake-No
97. Been involved in a law suit - Yes, but unfortunately I haven't received any money from it
98. Owned a cell phone - No. Really, I think I am one of the last people on earth not to own one
99. Been stung by a bee - Yes
100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person - No
101. Learned to play an instrument - Yes, but sadly I didn't pratice as much as I should have