Sunday, August 17, 2008

Team USA

Do you know where Tunisia is located? I didn't before yesterday. One of the swimmers, Oussama Mellouli, won the first gold medal for his country in the 1,500 meter freestyle. I love watching the Olympics!! There is such a feeling of unity when athletes from all over the world come together and compete. It is so wonderful cheering for the underdog and hoping they win, and then when they do or anyone else, watching them tear up when the national anthem is played during the medal ceremonies. It is so cool that Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals. Go him! He just kept swimming, just kept swimming, just kept swimming. (from Finding Nemo). Diving, swimming, and running are my favorites to watch. U-S-A, U-S-A!

My parents celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary this month. I'm so happy they found each other and for their love and patience with me over the years. They are the best parents and I'm glad they are mine! Here's to 34 more years!

Craigslist is the best. I decided to buy a car yesterday. It has 246,000 miles and it's 19 years old but it's $800 dollars. I'm picking it up and paying for it tomorrow. Yippee! Now for the job...

(If you're interested, Tunisia is located in North Africa between Algeria and Libya and south of Italy). Interesting, huh?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...